BH90210 is an American comedy-drama television series. Fox broadcasts the drama and it premiered on August 7, 2019. It is the sixth series in the Beverly Hills, 90210 franchise where the original series stars will return playing the roles of themselves in a heightened version of reality. It is inspired by their real lives and relationships and the actors deal with launching a reboot of the 1990s TV series, Beverly Hills, 90210. The series focuses on the original cast members of Beverly Hills, 90210, and plays the heightened, fictionalized version of themselves.
Main Casts of BH90210
The main cast of this series are:
- Gabrielle Carteris- plays as herself and she portrayed Andrea Zuckerman in the original series, as well as
- Shannen Doherty- plays as herself and she portrayed Brenda Walsh in the original series, as well as
- Jennie Garth-portrayed Kelly Taylor in the original series and several of the spin-offs, as well as
- Brian Austin Green – portrayed David Silver on the original series and plays as himself, as well as
- Jason Priestley-He portrayed Brandon Walsh in the original series and plays as himself, as well as
- Tori Spelling- portrayed Donna Martin in the original series and plays as herself, as well as
- Ian Ziering portrayed Steve Sanders in the original series and plays as himself
Guest stars in this series are:
- Carol Potter who portrayed Cindy Walsh on the original series and now plays as herself
- Christine Elise McCarthy who portrayed Emily Valentine and now plays as herself:
- La La Anthony as Shay who plays the role of Brian Austin Green’s fictional wife and a successful hip hop artist
- Vanessa Lachey as Camille who plays Jason Priestley’s fictional wife and a high-powered publicist who wants to start a family
- Ivan Sergei as Nate who is Tori Spelling’s fictionalized husband and an ex-hockey player was how to become a professional sports announcer.
- Karis Cameron as Kyler
- Evan Roderick as Chaz Bryant
- Brad Bergeron as Matthew
- Destiny Millns as Heather
- Natalie Sharp as Anna:
- Denise Richards as herself
For the series, Garth and Spelling developed the idea along with Alberghini and Chessler. They wanted to create something that would cause noise and be groundbreaking just like the original show back in the ‘90s. Garth and Spelling approached the original cast and after leading to months of creative conversations, the series was ready to be filmed. The main cast creatively remained involved in the process and served as executive producers. Paul Sciarrotta announced as the series’ showrunner on May 16, replacing Patrick Sean Smith, who left the series along with the two unnamed writers.
Filming took the production dates from May 21 to July 31, 2019, and took place in Vancouver. Principal photography with most of the cast began on May 27, whereas Doherty began filming on June 14. Scenes taking place at the fictional West Beverly Hills High School filmed at Vancouver Technical Secondary School. Spelling later confirmed filming would wrap on August 2. Onset, the fictionalized characters were referred to by their initials to avoid confusion from the actors’ speaking in the third person. Costume designer Mandi Line collaborated heavily with each actor to develop their wardrobe, which included recreations of specific outfits worn on the original series.