A professional football club, Manchester United, is based on the Old Trafford, Greater Manchester, England. They also compete in the Premier League and have been able to be in the top flight of English football. The club was founded in 1878 as Newton heath LYR Football Club, and later in 1902, the name was changed to Manchester United.
Manchester has a record of 20 League titles, 5 League Cups, 12 FA Cups, and a record 21 FA Community Shields have won more trophies than any other clubs in English football. Moreover, they have won 1 UEFA Super Cup, 1 International Cup, 1 FIFA Club World Cup, 3 UEFA Champions Leagues, 1 UEFA Europa League, and 1 UEFA Cup Winner’s Cup. The club was also able to achieve the continental European treble, became the first in the history of English football. They hence became one of five clubs to win all three main UEFA club competitions in 2016-17.
More about it
In 1968, Manchester United also became the first English football club to win the European cup. Alex Ferguson as a manager, between 1986 and 2013, hence won 38 trophies, including 5 FA Cups, 13 Premier League titles, and 2 UEFA Champions Leagues.
In the year 2016-17 Manchester United was the highest-earning football club, with a revenue of around Euro 676.3 million per annum, and also as the world’s most valuable club in 2018. Manchester United hence had an estimated worth of $1.2 billion as of 2015. In 1991 after being floated on the London stock exchange, the club was hence purchased in May 2005 by Malcolm Glazer with the value of almost euro 800 million. The club went private until going public in August 2012, making an initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange. The club is also very widely supported in the world.
First Team Squad hence includes:
- David de Gea (vice-captain) as GK in Spain
- Victor Lindelöf as DF from Sweden
- Eric Bailly as DF from Ivory Coast
- Phil Jones as DF from England
- Harry Maguire as DF from England
- Paul Pogba as MF from France
- Alexis Sánchez as FW from Chile
- Juan Mata as MF from Spain
- Anthony Martial as FW from France
- Marcus Rashford as FW from England
- Chris Smalling as DF from England
- Lee Grant as GK from England
- Jesse Lingard as MF from England
- Andreas Pereira as MF from Brazil
- Marcos Rojo as DF from Argentina
- Fred as MF from Brazil
- Ashley Young (captain) as DF from England
- Diogo Dalot as DF from Portugal
- Daniel James as MF from Wales
- Luke Shaw as DF from England
- Timothy Fosu-Mensah as DF from the Netherlands
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka as DF from England
- Matteo Darmian as DF from Italy
- Axel Tuanzebe as DF from England
- Scott McTominay as MF from Scotland
- Sergio Romero as GK from Argentina.