PSG is a Paris Saint-Germain Football Club and is referred to as Paris Saint-Germain Paris SG. It’s a professional French football club that is based in Paris. The club was first found in 1970 and has traditionally worn red and blue kits. PSG has played its home matches in the 16th arrondissement of Paris in the 47,929 capacity Parc des Princes since 1974. The club plays as the highest tier of the French football, Ligue 1.
The club has been able to establish as one of the major forces of European football as well as a major force in France in 2010s, earning a total of 38 honors, PSG has made it a successful French club in history, as it is the only club to have never been relegated from Ligue 1. They had the most consecutive season since 1974 in the 45 seasons. It is also one of the two clubs of France to win a major European title and the most popular football club. The teams of the club are hence widely spread.
More about PSG
PSG has been able to win eight Ligue 1 titles, a record eight Coupe de la Ligue, a record 12 Coupe de France, and a record nine Trophee des Champions titles. They have also won one UEFA Cup Winner’s Cup in European football. Besides, they have won several other minor official titles like one Ligue 2, and one UEFA Intertoto Cup. The club has also a long-standing rivalry with Olympique de Marseille. The duo hence had a most notorious match known as “Le Classique”.
The club owner is the State of Qatar, through its shareholding organization Qatar Sports Investments (QSI), since 2011. This made the PSG as the richest club in France and also one of the wealthiest in the world. The PSG has hence maintained its rank in the sixth highest revenue in the footballing world as of 2017-18, with an annual turnover of Euro 542 million, and is the world’s eleventh most valuable football club with over Euro 825 million.
Current squads hence include:
- Thiago Silva (captain) as DF from Brazil
- Presnel Kimpembe as Df from France
- Thilo Kehrer as DF from Germany
- Marquinhos (vice-captain) as DF from Brazil
- Marco Verratti as MF from Italy
- Kylian Mbappé as FW from France
- Leandro Paredes as MF from Argentina
- Edinson Cavani as FW from Uruguay
- Neymar as FW from Brazil
- Ángel Di María as MF from Argentina
- Thomas Meunier as DF from Belgium
- Juan Bernat as DF from Spain
- Alphonse Areola as GK from France
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting as FW from Cameroon
- Pablo Sarabia as MF from Spain
- Layvin Kurzawa as DF from France
- Ander Herrera as MF from Spain
- Abdou Diallo as DF from France
- Julian Draxler as MF from Germany
- Mitchel Bakker as DF from the Netherlands
- Idrissa Gueye as MF from Senegal
- Marcin Bułka as GK from Poland
- Colin Dagba as DF from France
- Stanley Nsoki as Df from France
- Jesé as FW from Spain.