Who are the Los Angeles Clippers?
Los Angeles Clippers is a professional American basketball team that is based in Los Angeles. As a member of the Pacific division of the league’s Western Conference, the Clippers compete in the National Basketball Association (NBA). They play their home games at the Staples Center, an arena they share with the NBA team the Los Angeles Lakers, the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey league(NHL), also the Los Angeles Sparks of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA).
The franchise was found at first as the Buffalo Braves in 1970 and was one of the three expansion teams for joining the NBA for the upcoming seasons. The braves then saw some of the playoff success that is led by the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium led to the team relocating to San Diego, California, in 1978. The Clippers moved to Los Angeles in 1984.
The franchise failed to see significant regular season or playoff success through much of its history. Furthermore, they had been a frequent example of a perennial loser in American professional sports, drawing unfavorable comparisons to the historically successful Lakers. Also, they had shared a market since 1984 and an arena since 1999.
Through many struggles, the organization improved between 2008 and 2017, through the addition of players like DeAndre Jordan, Chris Paul, and Blake Griffin. This led the Clippers for a consistent play in a team and was nicknamed as “Lobby City.” The franchise won its first division titles in 2012-13 and 2013-12 seasons. From 2012 to 2019, they appeared in the playoffs seven times, having an equal number of appearances for the franchise form 1970 to 2011.
Later, The Clippers signed two-time NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Kawhi Leonard in 2019 and traded a record number of draft picks for perennial NBA All-Star Paul George.
Current Rosters of the Los Angeles Clippers are
- Beverley, Patrick (height: 6 ft. 1 in, and weight: 84 kg)
- Coffey, Ammir (TW) (height: 6 ft 8 in, and weight: 95 kg)
- George, Paul (height: 6 ft 9 in, and weight: 95 kg)
- Green, JaMychal (height: 6 ft 9 in, and weight: 103 kg)
- Harkless, Maurice (height: 6 ft 9 in, and weight: 100kg)
- Harrell, Montrezl (height: 6 ft 8 in, and weight: 109 kg)
- Kabengele, Mfiondu (height: 6 ft 10 in, and weight: 116 kg)
- Leonard, Kawhi (height: 6 ft 7 in, and weight: 104 kg)
- Mann, Terance (height: 6 ft 7 in, and weight: 98 kg)
- McGruder, Rodney (height: 6 ft 4 in, and weight: 91 kg)
- Motley, Johnathan (TW) (height: 6 ft 10 in, and weight: 104 kg)
- Robinson, Jerome (height: 6 ft 5 in, and weight: 86 kg)
- Shamet, Landry (height: 6 ft 5 in, and weight: 85 kg
- Williams, Lou (height: 6 ft 1 in, and weight: 79 kg)