Joker is an American psychological thriller film of 2019. Todd Philips is the director of this movie. Scott Silver and Todd Philips wrote the screenplay for Joker 2019. This movie is based on DC Comics characters and stars Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker. Furthermore, Warner Bros is responsible for the distribution of this movie. Set in 1981, however, this story is about Arthur Fleck who transitions into Joker. Fleck is a failed stand-up comedian who, subsequently, drives insane and turns to a life of chaos and crime in Gotham City. Also, many actors like Zazie Beetz, Robert De Niro, Frances Conroy, Marc Maron, Bill Camp, Brett Cullen, Shea Whigham, Douglas Hodge, Glenn Fleshler, and Brian Tyree Henry appear in supporting roles in the movie.
Meanwhile, the directors of the movie started the development in 2016. After that, the movie was confirmed in August next year. Therefore, the director, producer, and co-writer set for the movie were Todd Philips. On the other hand, the movie is inspired by various Martin Scorsese‘s movies like Raging Bull, Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy. The cast signing process completed at the end of August. Also, the principal photography for the movie began in September of 2018 and took place in New York City, Newark, and Jersey City. To sum up, the productions concluded in December of 2018.
Joker premiered on the 31st of August, 2019 at the 76th Venice International Film Festival. The movie is releasing in the United States on the 4th of October, 2019.
CASTS OF Joker
- Joaquin Phoenix as Arthur Fleck / Joker
- Robert De Niro as Murray Franklin, who is a talk show host who is responsible for the downfall of Arthur
- Zazie Beetz as Sophie Dumond, who is a love interest of Arthur and a cynical single mother.
- Frances Conroy as Penny Fleck, who is the mother of Arthur
- Brett Cullen as Thomas Wayne, who is a billionaire running for mayor of Gotham.
- Douglas Hodge as Alfred Pennyworth, who is the caretaker and butler of the Wayne family
- Dante Pereira-Olson as Bruce Wayne, who is the son of Thomas and Joker’s archenemy, Batman
- Marc Maron as Ted Marco, who is the agent of Arthur
- Bill Camp and Shea Whigham as the officers in the Gotham City Police Department.
- Glenn Fleshler as a comedian
- Brian Tyree Henry as a nurse
- Bryan Callen as a stripper
- Josh Pais: Undisclosed role
The film holds an approval rating of 87% based on 30 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, with an average rating of 9.27/10. Metacritic assigned the film a score of 75 out of 100 based on 18 critics. Also, the film received an eight-minute standing ovation at its premiere.